2 Band 8 Transistor R21
- unknown Country
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Challenge; (where?)
- 1968 ??
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 3 x 1,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 5.5 cm = 2.2 inch
- Power out
- 0.6 W (unknown quality)
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 2 Band 8 Transistor R21 - Challenge; where?
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 172 x 86 x 75 mm / 6.8 x 3.4 x 3 inch
Challenge 2 Band MW/LW 8 Transistor mod. R21
Rod antenna, hi-lo tone, ext ant socket, ear phone socket.
Made in the Republic of Ireland
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.450 kg / 0 lb 15.9 oz (0.991 lb)
- Model page created by Eckhard Wegner. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 5 models, 5 with images and 1 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Challenge; (where?)