Cordovox Tone Generator
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Chicago Musical Instrument Co.; Lincolnwood (IL)
- 1963 ??
- Audio Amplifier or -mixer
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Cordovox Tone Generator - Chicago Musical Instrument Co.
- Console with any shape - in general
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 675 x 500 x 220 mm / 26.6 x 19.7 x 8.7 inch
The Cordovox consists of three parts; Electronic Accordian, Amplifier, and Tone Generator (including preamplifier). There also is an optional Leslie type speaker.
The photograph is the Tone Generator. It has 66 tubes of which 8 are for the preamplifier (12AU7's and 12AX7's) and 58 are for producing tonal chords (6X8's and 6FH8's). All inputs and controls are housed at the top of the Tone Generator. The Amplifier (not shown) is housed in an identical sized cabinet and has two - 12 inch speakers and the power amplifier. Tubes for the power amlifier are one 12AX7 and two 7591's. The Electronic Accordian (not shown) is believed to be the CG-2/CG-3 models.
The Codovox had several generations, the first two being tube and the later being solid state. The Tone Generator photograph is believed to be the second generation.
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2 models, 2 with images and 1 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Chicago Musical Instrument Co.; Lincolnwood (IL)