- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Collins Radio Company; Cedar Rapids (IA)
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- 6AJ5 6BJ6 6C4 6AJ5 6C4 6AJ5 6C4 5749 6BJ6 6BJ6 6BJ6 6BJ6 6BJ6 6AK6 12AU7 5749 12AU7 12AU7 12AU7 6AK6 6AK6 6BJ6 12AU7 12AU7 12AU7 26Z5 26Z5 6082 6082 5651 5651 6BH6
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion; ZF/IF 3000-2000 / 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115; 230 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Power out
- 0.5 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: R-390/URR - Collins Radio Company; Cedar
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 483 x 267 x 438 mm / 19 x 10.5 x 17.2 inch
- Collins R-390/URR Radio receiver: covers 500 kHz - 32 MHz, AM, CW, MCW, FM; odometer type mechanical frequency display; IF bandwidths 0,1 / 1 / 2 / 4 / 8 / 16 kHz, three AGC speeds.
Similar to later R-390A, only the later version incorporates the famous Collins mechanical filters.
Attention: Moore lists voltage regulator 5652, the original schematics reveals, two 5651 voltage regulators are used.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 29.5 kg / 64 lb 15.6 oz (64.978 lb)
- Source of data
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Mentioned in
- Communications Receivers
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- TM 11-856
- Model page created by Mümin Önüt. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 95 models, 70 with images and 32 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Collins Radio Company; Cedar Rapids (IA)