- Manufacturer / Brand
- Tunafone (Brand); Corbett, Derham & Co. Pty. Ltd.;Tunafone Pty. Ltd.; Melbourne,
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF (Tuned-Radio-Frequency but use of regeneration unknown)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Tunafone R5 - Tunafone Brand; Corbett,
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
Advertised in May 1925 for AUS $50/-, complete with batteries, speaker and all accessories.
The R5 has two TRF stages, detector and two stages of audio amplification.
- Price in first year of sale
- 50.00 AUS $
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (The Advocate (TAS), 16 May 1925, page 1.)
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 4 models, 4 with images and 0 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Tunafone (Brand); Corbett, Derham & Co. Pty. Ltd.;Tunafone Pty. Ltd.; Melbourne,