Cartrivision Instant Replay
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- CTI; Cartridge Television Inc.; Palo Alto (CA)
- 1972 ?
- Miscellaneous (Other, Various) - see notes
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- Number of Transistors
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit.
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Cartrivision Instant Replay - CTI; Cartridge Television Inc.
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- CTI Cartrivision Instant Replay;
Vidicon 2/3" b/w camera for CTI cartridge home recorder systems for semi frame/skip film recording based on b/w NTSC standard. A suitable modified zoom lens optic was taken from the Eumig Mini 3 Super 8 film camera. Pistol grip and "trough the lens" viewfinder.
10.000 pcs. were made in Austria by Eumig in the adopted former Danubia metering plant facilities in Styria for a net value of US$ 80,-/each which became a loss for them due to falling exchange rates: in the contract period, 1 US$ equaled ~25-26 öS (Österreichische Schilling), while in the delivery phase, the dollar had fallen to ~18 öS. This incurred roughly a 30% loss.
80 US$ had been the price for a vidicon tube only, until Eumig Sales Manager Mr. Oskar J. Jursa sourced the cheaper japanese types during his business trips for Eumig. This initially triggered the R/D & production of this item, as a one-time order from CTI who had their own business problems.
- Mentioned in
- Interview with the former Eumig electronic R/D Eng. Mr. E.Beck from Eumig in 2/2012 in Lower Austria
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1 models, 0 with images and 0 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from CTI; Cartridge Television Inc.; Palo Alto (CA)