680 (680/2) (S680) new
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Eddystone, Birmingham
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Stratton & Co.Ltd.; Birmingham
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 450 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110, 200, 230 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 680 [new] - Eddystone, Birmingham
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 426 x 222 x 355 mm / 16.8 x 8.7 x 14 inch
- Communications receiver covering 480 kHz - 30,5 MHz in five bands (480-1120 kHz, 1,11-2,5 MHz, 2,5-5,7 MHz, 5,3-12,5 MHz, 12,3 - 30,5 MHz), AM, CW (BFO).
S-Meter tuning indicator, Noise limiter, Crystal filter.
In contrast to the prototype, the headphone jack is found on left side panel; semicircular dial in rectangular window.
Variant: 680/2A (S680/2A) model for New Zealand Broadcasting Corp. with different rear connectors. The later 680X features a broad linear analog dial.
In late models 6BE6 was substituted for 7S7 frequency changer tube.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 18.6 kg / 40 lb 15.5 oz (40.969 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 85.00 GBP
- Source of data
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Mentioned in
- Eddystone User Group: Quick Reference Guide
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 235 models, 89 with images and 33 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Eddystone, Birmingham