- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Eddystone, Birmingham
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Stratton & Co.Ltd.; Birmingham
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- ECC189 6BA6 6AK5 6BA6 6AK5 5840 5840 6U8 6C4 6BA6 6BA6 6AM6 6AL5 6489 12AT7 12AT7 6BE6 12AU7 6AM5 6AM5 0B2 0B2
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion; ZF/IF 3500/500 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100-125 / 200-250 Volt
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 880/2 - Eddystone, Birmingham
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 495 x 239 x 521 mm / 19.5 x 9.4 x 20.5 inch
- General coverage receiver, covers 0,5 - 30 MHz in 30 switched ranges, AM, CW, LSB/USB.
Diodes 100SC2 (variable capacity diode in BFO), four DD006 silicon diodes as rectifier.
Improved model with circuit modifications, new case.
600 sets produced.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 44.9 kg / 98 lb 14.4 oz (98.899 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 380.00 GBP
- Source of data
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Mentioned in
- Eddystone User Group: Quick Reference Guide
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 235 models, 89 with images and 33 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Eddystone, Birmingham