- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Eddystone, Birmingham
- Amateur-Receiver (amateur bands, may include broadcast bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Stratton & Co.Ltd.; Birmingham
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- 6BA6 ECH81 or 6AJ8 6C4 or L77 ECH81 6BA6 6AT6 or DH77 6AL5 or D77 6AQ5 6BE6 5Z4G VR150-30 6AU6
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion; ZF/IF 1620/85 kHz
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110; 200; 230 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 888A - Eddystone, Birmingham
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 16.75 x 8.75 x 10 inch / 425 x 222 x 254 mm
- Amateur band receiver covering 160 - 10 m ham bands, AM, CW, SSB.
Internal crystal calibrator, CW audio filter, noise limiter.
Optional 669 external S-meter. Matching 687/1 vibrator pack for 6V DC supply. Matching round 688 external speaker.
Very similar to 888 (S888), but with different tube layout, SSB product detector.
Sometimes marked 888 on dial plate, so check serial plate for correct identification of variant.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 20 kg / 44 lb 0.8 oz (44.053 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 190.00 GBP
- Source of data
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Mentioned in
- Eddystone User Group: Quick Reference Guide
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 235 models, 89 with images and 33 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Eddystone, Birmingham