- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Eddystone, Birmingham
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Stratton & Co.Ltd.; Birmingham
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 465 kHz
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 100-125; 200-250 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 15 cm = 5.9 inch
- Power out
- 0.5 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 909A - Eddystone, Birmingham
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 16.75 x 10 x 8.75 inch / 425 x 254 x 222 mm
- Marine communications receiver covering 1,6-4,7 MHz in two bands (1,6-2,7 / 2,7-4,7 MHz) and switchable crystal controlled 2182 kHz emergency channel; AM / MCW only.
Designed for use in the Swedish Merchant Marine for fish trawler communications.
Identical to 909 (S909), but external connectors for HT 100-150V and LT 24 V, 225 sets produced.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 14 kg / 30 lb 13.4 oz (30.837 lb)
- Source of data
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Mentioned in
- Eddystone User Group: Quick Reference Guide
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 235 models, 89 with images and 33 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Eddystone, Birmingham