Transistor Portable PT 438
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Ekco, E.K.Cole Ltd.; Southend-on-Sea
- 1964 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / PP7: 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3.5 inch = 8.9 cm
- Power out
- 0.4 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Transistor Portable PT 438 - Ekco, E.K.Cole Ltd.; Southend-
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 8.5 x 5.75 x 3.25 inch / 216 x 146 x 83 mm
A battery powered portable AM seven transistor radio covering MW (200 - 550 metres) and LW (1200 - 1900 metres). Sockets for car radio aerial and extension loudspeaker.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2 lb 8 oz (2.5 lb) / 1.135 kg
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- ERT Service Chart 1489 dated May 6 1965
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 405 models, 284 with images and 254 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Ekco, E.K.Cole Ltd.; Southend-on-Sea