Megger Series 1
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Evershed & Vignoles Ltd; London
- 1952 ??
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Solar- and/or muscle driven, also addl. power jack possible / 500 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Megger Series 1 - Evershed & Vignoles Ltd;
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 340 x 200 x 195 mm / 13.4 x 7.9 x 7.7 inch
Megger stands for Megohm-meter. This Series 1 Megger shows the British Patent Number 632465 and the US patent number 2606230. The US patent is for "Electrical Resistance Measuring Instrument", by Charles E. Perry, London, assignor to Evershed and Vignoles Ltd. as Application November 5, 1948, serial No. 58438 and the US Patent is from August 5, 1952. Before it was also only an application number. Therefore the model can not be older than from 1952 - despite the fact that it is still made with a wooden case. Volts: 500; Megohms: 10 000.
As references cited, the US patent names also a number 478098 from July 5, 1892 for the name Evershed, 1593024 (1926), 1901344 (1933), 2157973 (1939) and 2188588 (1940) for others.
This instrument was built with different operating voltages, which resulted in a greater measurable resistance.
- 35214: 100 V - 2,000 MΩ
- 35215: 250 V - 5,000 MΩ
- 35211: 500 V - 10,000 MΩ
- 35213: 1,000 V - 20,000 MΩ
- 35217: 2,500 V - 50,000 MΩ
- 35295: 5,000 V - 100,000 MΩ
- External source of data
- Guest Marek Lichtenberg, Vysoké Popovice, Czech Republic
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (L'Elettrotecnica, Italy, number 9 September 1958)
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 10 models, 10 with images and 1 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Evershed & Vignoles Ltd; London