1000 Bullet Octals / 7pin miniatures mixed
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Fada Radio & Electric Co.; Long Island (NY)
- 1946 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Andrea-Radio || Nater, Henri, Atlanta-Radio; Zürich
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 117 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 10.2 cm = 4 inch
- Catalin (a brand name for a thermosetting polymer popular in the 1930s and 1940s - a phenol formaldehyde resin - like Bakelite, but a two-stage process with a lot of work afterwards).
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 1000 Bullet [Octals / 7pin miniatures mixed] - Fada Radio & Electric Co.;
- Design Radio or Novelty / Gadget - fancy or unusual shape.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 267 x 165 x 127 mm / 10.5 x 6.5 x 5 inch
Cabinets in several gorgeous color combinations resembling precious stones.
There are three chassis versions. The difference is in the tube complement, but there is no individual marking. We use the different tube base to distinguish.
- the first issue employed octal tubes only.
- the next issue has a mix of octals and 7pin miniatures
- The last issue got 7pin miniatures only.
- Price in first year of sale
- 35.50 USD
- Mentioned in
- Classic Plastic Radios of the 1930's and 1940's
- Model page created by Peter Kahlich. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 735 models, 433 with images and 502 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Fada Radio & Electric Co.; Long Island (NY)