57 Chassis Only
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Fairbanks, Morse & Co.; Chicago (IL)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: FMC
- Brand: Welco
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Power out
- 2 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 57 [Chassis Only] - Fairbanks, Morse & Co.;
- Chassis only or for «building in»
The Fairbanks Morse 57 is an AC operated, 5 tube BC and SW chassis used in model 57-T-0. The two bands cover a frequency tuning range of 540 to 7500kHz. Has 5.5" tuning dial, AVC and a tuning ratio of 2:1.
NOTE: 57 is the chassis number and NOT the model number. Please post pictures of the radio's on the appropriate radio model page and NOT to this page.
- External source of data
- Fairbanks-Morse Folder RA 309 for 1937
- Source of data
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios 4. Edition
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 8 = 1937 and before (Fairbanks Morse Section pages 8-21, 8-22)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Gernsback Official Radio Service Manual (Volume 7 page 187)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Radio Today (and Television) (June 1936, page 62, Sept 1936, page 51, March 1937, page 49)
- Model page created by John Kusching. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 147 models, 86 with images and 117 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Fairbanks, Morse & Co.; Chicago (IL)