Control Track Generator Fairchild Unit 140
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Fairchild Recording Equipment Corp.; Whitestone NY
- Radio module post 1925 (not a part, not a key)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Control Track Generator Fairchild Unit 140 - Fairchild Recording Equipment
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
- Fairchild Control Track Generator Fairchild Unit 140;
Portable unit in suit case, level meter.
"Control Track Generator, for synchronous recording with a tape recorder already in use. It will extend the functions of the tape recorders which are performing within the specifications published as the NAB Primary Standard, so that such recorders may meet operational requirements of the film and television industries. The control track signal is mixed with the program signal so that both are simultaneously recorded. When played back on the manufacturer's Pic-Sync reproducer, the recorded program is synchronous with the frequency of the power line which supplied the original recorder and is therefore in "sync" with any other equipment operating from the same line at the same time." Texture from SMPTE Journal as mentioned below.
- Price in first year of sale
- 335.00 $
- Mentioned in
- Journal of SMPTE Part I, June 1951 Journal Part 77, Index to Vol. 56 S. 258
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 23 models, 22 with images and 10 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Fairchild Recording Equipment Corp.; Whitestone NY