Radio Compass SCR-269/F /G (*)
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Fairchild Recording Equipment Corp.; Whitestone NY
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- VT-65 VT-74 VT-90 VT-90 VT-93 VT-105 VT-105 VT-107A VT-117 VT-117 VT-117 VT-117 VT-117 VT-117 VT-117 VT-150
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 142,5 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 115 / 14; 28 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Radio Compass SCR-269/F /G - Fairchild Recording Equipment
- Chassis only or for «building in»
SCR - 269 Radio Compass:
BC-434 control box
PL-21 loop antenna
I-81 and I-82 indicators
Frequency coverage 200- 1750 kHz.
The radio compass was used for aircraft navigation / homing: a beacon or broadcast transmitter could be tuned in, a loop antenna was rotated automatically to the transmitter direction and the result was displayed on the indicators.
- Mentioned in
- Army Air Forces Technical Order Nº 08-10-110
- Model page created by Carlos A. Pieroni-García. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 23 models, 22 with images and 10 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Fairchild Recording Equipment Corp.; Whitestone NY