- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Garod Radio Corp.; Brooklyn (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / AC/DC 105-125 / 67.5 & 7.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3.5 inch = 8.9 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 5D-2 - Garod Radio Corp.; Brooklyn NY
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Line voltage is AC/DC.
The Garod models 5D and 5D-2 are Three Power Portable Superheterodyne Receivers with Self Contained Loop Antenna. The Photofact shows both on the same folder 12 but name the picture as 5D-2.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date: Jan 1947, Set 12, Folder 472-12)
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 380 models, 99 with images and 345 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Garod Radio Corp.; Brooklyn (NY)