JB-508 or JB-509
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- General Electric Co. (GE); Bridgeport CT, Syracuse NY
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Musaphonic
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Record Player (perh.Changer)
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 105-125, 6, 90 Volt
- Permanent or electro-dynamic (moving coil), system not known yet. / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: JB-508 or JB-509 - General Electric Co. GE;
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 14 x 9.5 x 15 inch / 356 x 241 x 381 mm
Crystal pickup. Model JB-509 with Underwriters' Approval, at slight additional cost.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 19.5 lb (19 lb 8 oz) / 8.853 kg
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 12 = ca. 1941 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- General Electric Radio Service Notes 1939-1942
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- General Electric Folder 13-497-W for 1941.
- Other Models
Here you find 2783 models, 2004 with images and 1970 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from General Electric Co. (GE); Bridgeport CT, Syracuse NY