- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- General Electric Co. (GE); Bridgeport CT, Syracuse NY
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Musaphonic
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3.5 inch = 8.9 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: P805A [Late] - General Electric Co. GE;
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
The General Electric P805A (Late Version) is a battery operated portable AM receiver. The AM band frequency tuning range is 540 to 1600kHz. Has earphone jack that disconnects the speaker for private listening.
The P805A is part of the following family of models:
Model Other Models in Family Cabinet Color P755A None Gray P805A (Early) P805A (Late) White P806A (Early) P806A (Late) Blue P807A P807B, C, E, G, H, I, J, S, T Black P808A P808B, C, E, G, H, J, S, T White P809B P809C, E Green
Different transistors are used in the late production version as compared to the early production version.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Beitman Radio Diagrams, Vol. 21, 1961 (Page 54)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- General Electric Service Notes (General Electric Radio Service Guide Volume III 1946 to 1961 pages 97, 98)
- Model page created by Egon Penker. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 2877 models, 2093 with images and 2018 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from General Electric Co. (GE); Bridgeport CT, Syracuse NY