Six Transistor GR-711 4 screw back + badge
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Global Mfg. Co.; Tokyo
- 1962 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 1 x 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Six Transistor GR-711 [4 screw back + badge] - Global Mfg. Co.; Tokyo
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
This variant is probably one of the last: the back is divided in two parts and the bigger is fixed with four screws. When you open it, the PCB appears on the component side. It shows a flashy badge in the speaker area. The PCB seems the same used in the variant with four screws on the back but without badge.
The known variants are listed under the main page of Global GR-711 [side screw + wire stand].
- Mentioned in
- Antique Radio Magazine - Italy, Club Antique Radio Magazine (n.167, maggio-giugno 2022, pag. 18-23)
- Model page created by Aldo Andreani. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 28 models, 27 with images and 4 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Global Mfg. Co.; Tokyo