- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Griffin-Smith Mfg. Co.; Los Angeles (CA)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Golden Tone
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110 Volt
- Permanent or electro-dynamic (moving coil), system not known yet. / Ø 10 inch = 25.4 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Goldentone 5X1 - Griffin-Smith Mfg. Co.; Los
- Console with any shape - in general
- Goldentone 7 Tube, 2 Band Super AC, 5X1;
SW: 5.5 - 18.5 MHz, tone control, Goldenscope loop antenna,
Same as model 5B2 but without tuning-eye & push-pull AF.
- Price in first year of sale
- 80.00 $
- Mentioned in
- - - Manufacturers Literature (US Goldentone Fall/Winter Catalogue with ´1942 models (Cat.# 41-B))
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 48 models, 45 with images and 4 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Griffin-Smith Mfg. Co.; Los Angeles (CA)