Echophone EC-1B Var. 2
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Hallicrafters, The; Chicago, IL and Arlington/Grand Prairie, TX
- Amateur-Receiver (amateur bands, may include broadcast bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Short Wave(s) and Police.
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 115-125 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Echophone EC-1B [Var. 2] - Hallicrafters, The; Chicago,
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 290 x 187 x 182 mm / 11.4 x 7.4 x 7.2 inch
Coverage: 0.55 - 2, 2.2 - 7, 8 - 30 MHz, AM/CW, ANL, speaker suspended under the top-panel, bandspread, the EC-1A is nearly identical to model EC-1B. Both are updated versions of the EC-1, the EC-1B uses an inductor link to the oscillator coil for the bandspread with a cheaper broadcast-type variable capacitor, the Hallicrafters S-41G (gray) and S-41W (white) are electrically and mechanically identical to the EC-1B with the main differences being color and knob style and were produced in 1945 just prior to the introduction of the S38.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4.7 kg / 10 lb 5.6 oz (10.352 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 20.00 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- Communications Receivers
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 16 = ca. 1948 and before
- Mentioned in
- Radios by hallicrafters
- Other Models
Here you find 889 models, 461 with images and 465 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Hallicrafters, The; Chicago, IL and Arlington/Grand Prairie, TX
The model Echophone is part of the collections of the following members.