- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Hallicrafters, The; Chicago, IL and Arlington/Grand Prairie, TX
- Amateur-Receiver (amateur bands, may include broadcast bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 117 Volt
- Permanent or electro-dynamic (moving coil), system not known yet. / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Power out
- 1 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: S-38D - Hallicrafters, The; Chicago,
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 13 x 7 x 7.25 inch / 330 x 178 x 184 mm
Coverage 0.54-32 MHz in 4 ranges, changed to slide rule dial.
Sears order number : 57K 07490
Conelrad Markings (Civil Defense, CD) on the dial at 640 and 1240 kHz.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 10 lb 11 oz (10.688 lb) / 4.852 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 50.00 $
- Source of data
- Communications Receivers
- Mentioned in
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Sears, Roebuck Catalogs (Silvertone) (Spring/Summer 1955, page 780. Fall/Winter 1957, page 1006.)
- Model page created by a member from D. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 885 models, 454 with images and 461 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Hallicrafters, The; Chicago, IL and Arlington/Grand Prairie, TX