- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Hammarlund Mfg. Co. Inc.; New York, NY
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110/120 50/60Hz Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 2 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: RBG-2 CHC-46140 - Hammarlund Mfg. Co. Inc.; New
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 18.9 x 12.2 x 14.7 inch / 480 x 310 x 373 mm
- The RBG-2 receiver was produced under contract: NXss 20831 5 January 1943. Main Tuning is identical to the HQ-120X and HQ-129X.
Band 1: 0.54 - 1.32 MHz; Band 2: 1.32 - 3.2 MHz; Band 3: 3.2 - 5.7 MHz; Band 4: 5.7 - 10.0 MHz; Band 5: 10.0 - 18.0 MHz; Band 6: 18.0 - 31.0 MHz.
The Bandspread covers Maritime Frequencies instead of Amateur Bands in four bands as follows: Band 1: 4.0 - 4.6 MHz; Band 2: 8.0 - 9.6 MHz; Band 3: 12.0 - 13.6 MHz; Band 4: 15.0 - 18.0 MHz.
This set has a seperate dedicated loudspeaker model CHC-49154.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 28.5 kg / 62 lb 12.4 oz (62.775 lb)
- Source of data
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Mentioned in
- Communications Receivers
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- NAVSHIPS 900,004-IB
- Model page created by Richard MC Clung. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 141 models, 89 with images and 58 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Hammarlund Mfg. Co. Inc.; New York, NY