Digital-Frequency-Counter IM-2420 / SM-2420
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Heathkit (Brand), Heath Co.; Benton Harbor (MI)
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Heath Company
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 120/240 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Digital-Frequency-Counter IM-2420 / SM-2420 - Heathkit Brand, Heath Co.;
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 254 x 108 x 318 mm / 10 x 4.3 x 12.5 inch
Frequency counter 5 Hz - 512 MHz. In the Period operating mode, the cycle time is measured in seconds; in the Ratio B/A position, the frequency difference between two input frequencies is measured. The proportionally controlled quartz furnace keeps the internal quartz base extremely accurate - 0.1 ppm per year. Four gate opening times enable the desired measurement of UHF signals.
The kit version of this counter is labeled as Heathkit model IM-2420. The factory built version is labeled as Heath/Zenith and the model number is SM-2420. The SM-2420 price in 1980 was $300.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 6.5 lb (6 lb 8 oz) / 2.951 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 240.00 USD
- Mentioned in
- Heathkit Winter 1981 catalog (copyright 1980)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Heath-Zenith ad in Radio-Electronics 12-1980
- Model page created by Peter Roggenhofer † 25.4.18. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 695 models, 676 with images and 492 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Heathkit (Brand), Heath Co.; Benton Harbor (MI)