General Coverage Receiver GR-78
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Heathkit (Brand), Heath Co.; Benton Harbor (MI)
- Amateur-Receiver (amateur bands, may include broadcast bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Heath Company
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superhet, double/triple conversion; ZF/IF 455/4034 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and more than two Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Storage batteries (perhaps also batteries) / 110; 220 / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 8 cm = 3.1 inch
- Power out
- 0.3 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: General Coverage Receiver GR-78 - Heathkit Brand, Heath Co.;
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 287 x 156 x 215 mm / 11.3 x 6.1 x 8.5 inch
- Heathkit Communications-Receiver GR-78.
Frequency range: 200-400 kHz, 550-1300 kHz, 1.3-3.0 MHz, 3.0-7.5 MHz, 7.5-18 MHz, 18-30 MHz; Modes: AM, CW, SSB (BFO); built in 9-V-NiCad-Battery; external power supply 12-15 VDC possible.
In Germany price kitform 675 DM, ready for use 945 DM.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 5 kg / 11 lb 0.2 oz (11.013 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 142.00 $
- Source of data
- Heathkit: A Guide to Amateur Radio Products
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers. (Heathkit Katalog 1971/72 (DL))
- Model page created by Hinrich Grensemann † 15.5.16. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 711 models, 693 with images and 501 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Heathkit (Brand), Heath Co.; Benton Harbor (MI)