- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Heathkit (Brand), Heath Co.; Benton Harbor (MI)
- Amateur-Receiver (amateur bands, may include broadcast bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Heath Company
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 8 x 1,5 (C size) Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Mohican GC-1A - Heathkit Brand, Heath Co.;
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12 x 6.875 x 10 inch / 305 x 175 x 254 mm
Heathkit Receiver GC-1A.
Coverage 550 kHz to 32 MHz in five ranges, bandspread scales for 80 to 10 meters HAM bands and 11 meter CB. AM/CW/SSB. Built in 50-inch telescopic whip antenna.
When operated from batteries, the 8 C-cells are mounted in a carrier module that is inserted through the rear panel of the set. This carrier module could be replaced by a power unit (Kit XP-2) for 117v AC operation.
2N1396 RF Amplifier
2N373 1st IF Amplifier
2N373 2nd IF Amplifier
2N373 3rd IF Amplifier
2N407 Audio Driver
2N407 Audio Output (2)
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 9 kg / 19 lb 13.2 oz (19.824 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 90.00 $
- Mentioned in
- Heathkit: A Guide to Amateur Radio Products
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Schematic
- Model page created by Hinrich Grensemann † 15.5.16. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 695 models, 676 with images and 492 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Heathkit (Brand), Heath Co.; Benton Harbor (MI)