- Manufacturer / Brand
- His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 457.5 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 200-250 / 90 & 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 12-11 Ch= 12 - His Master's Voice HMV, H.M.V.
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 14 x 10.5 x 5.75 inch / 356 x 267 x 146 mm
Four valve battery/AC type. Provision for battery reactivation is incorporated.
Colours available in Cream, Burgundy & Grey.
Weight is for without batteries. Weight with batteries is 12lb/4oz.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 7 lb 6 oz (7.375 lb) / 3.348 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 32.55 AUS £
- External source of data
- AORSM CD
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. XIII
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (HMV Model Data Sheet for Model 12-11.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (HMV Service Manual for Chassis Type 12.)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 13, 1955, Page 169.)
- Model page created by Peter Hughes. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 577 models, 360 with images and 227 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW