- Manufacturer / Brand
- His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW
- Car Radio, perhaps also + sound player/recorder
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Storage Battery for all (e.g. for car radios and amateur radios) / 12-14 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Power out
- 1.5 W (undistorted)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Compact S5 - His Master's Voice HMV, H.M.V.
- Chassis only or for «building in»
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 7.125 x 4 x 5.75 inch / 181 x 102 x 146 mm
12 Volt car radio.
Plug on LH side for positive or negative earth.
Shorting plug on rear disconnects the internal speaker.
- Price in first year of sale
- 40.95 AUS £
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (HMV Service Manual for Car Radio Models S5 & S6, July 1964.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- J.R. Publications Radio Service Handbook (Vol. 1, Page H17.)
- Model page created by Martin Kent. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 575 models, 353 with images and 225 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW