Albany M1-A5 Ch= M1
- Manufacturer / Brand
- His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW
- Television Receiver (TV) or Monitor
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 3 FM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- VHF incl. FM and/or UHF (see notes for details)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200; 230; 240; 250 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 12 inch = 30.5 cm
- Power out
- 3 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Albany M1-A5 Ch= M1 - His Master's Voice HMV, H.M.V.
- Console with any shape - in general
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 30 x 33.5 x 17.75 inch / 762 x 851 x 451 mm
His Master's Voice M1-A5 "Albany"
A 21" console TV receiver having 110° aluminised electrostatic-focus tube, 14 valves, eight diodes, one thermistor. Cabinet on castors is finished in maple, walnut or rosewood. Aerial input 300 ohms. Ten-channel cascode tuner. Three stage phase-linear IF. Video amplifier direct-coupled to picture tube. Gated delayed AGC. Amplitude gated sync. separator. Overall focus compensation via special HMV transformer. Automatic picture locking circuits. Audio
output 3W to 12" double-cone speaker. Sockets at rear for remote control and deaf-aid attachment. Power consumption 180W. (MINGAY'S PRICE SERVICE)
- Price in first year of sale
- 219.50 AUS £
- Mentioned in
- Mingay's Price Service (Aug 1959 & Feb 1960.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers. (HMV Service Manual for Chassis Type M1.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- J.R. Publications Television Service Handbook (Television Service Manual 2nd edition 1961, L.J. Series 1962 & 1967, Page H28.)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 575 models, 353 with images and 225 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW