Cavalier U2-8N Ch= U2
- Manufacturer / Brand
- His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Record Player (not changer)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240-250 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Cavalier U2-8N Ch= U2 - His Master's Voice HMV, H.M.V.
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12.5 x 6 x 12.5 inch / 318 x 152 x 318 mm
This model is similar to the U2-8E, differing in styling, output transistor types and a minor circuit change.
Case colours available in Tan & Charcoal.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 12 lb 8 oz (12.5 lb) / 5.675 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 105.00 AUS $
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (HMV Technical Data Sheet No. 83, 1/9/1967.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- J.R. Publications Transistor Radio Service Handbook (Group C5, 1968, Page H47a.)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 575 models, 353 with images and 225 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from His Master's Voice (HMV, H.M.V.), EMI (Australia) Ltd.; Sydney, NSW