2 band Transistor 8 WH-829H
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Hitachi Ltd.; Tokyo
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Hitachi Sales Corp. of America
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / AA: 3 x 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 2 band Transistor 8 WH-829H - Hitachi Ltd.; Tokyo
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 6.125 x 3.5625 x 1.4375 inch / 156 x 90 x 37 mm
Slim styled, eight transistor two band portable superheterodyne receiver. Fine tuning, tone control, new mesa-type transistors. Leather carrying case with shoulder strap. Eight stage rod antenna. Packed in display box. (FROM MINGAY'S PRICE SERVICE)
BC 535~1605 kHz
SW 6~18 MHz
See also Hitachi WH-829 with SW range 3.8~12 MHz.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1 lb 0 oz (1 lb) / 0.454 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 44.10 AUS £
- Mentioned in
- Mingay's Price Service (Aug 1961 to Feb 1963.)
- Model page created by Michael Gnaedig-Fischer. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1005 models, 900 with images and 226 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Hitachi Ltd.; Tokyo