Coaxial artificial aerial
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Homebrew - ORIGINAL; GB
- Service- or Lab Equipment
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW) and FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- No Power needed
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Coaxial artificial aerial - Homebrew - ORIGINAL; GB
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 280 x 84 x 77 mm / 11 x 3.3 x 3 inch
Coaxial artificial aerial ('dummy load') formed by mounting a central copper conductor of appropriate diameter inside a Morganite Type 703 high power non-inductive resistor. The conductor and coax socket are supported by soldered copper end plates. A filament lamp tapped across a small portion of the resistor provides a visual indication useful for tuning up a transmitter.
The Morganite formulation produced very stable resistors. The nominal value was 80 ohms +-10%. More than 60 years after it was manufactured, it exhibits a resistance of 77.8 ohms.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.160 kg / 2 lb 8.9 oz (2.555 lb)
- Model page created by Bruce Taylor. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 41 models, 19 with images and 7 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Homebrew - ORIGINAL; GB