- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kingsley (brand); various manufacturers
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; something special ? Please give information (notes)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Ferrotune KFT1 - Kingsley brand; various
5 valve, AC powered, superhet radio receiver.
This was a kit set for home construction. It was a "Foundation Kit" consisting of chassis, case, knobs, tuning unit, Kingsley 6” speaker with output transformer, plus valves and components.
It used a Kingsley superhet KFJB "Ferrotune" permeability tuning unit which would have been modified in the factory for regenerative coupling as used in this receiver.
The complete kit sold for £12/12/-.
- Price in first year of sale
- 12.60 AUS £
- Mentioned in
- Australasian Radio World, May 1946
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 94 models, 28 with images and 11 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kingsley (brand); various manufacturers
The model Ferrotune is part of the collections of the following members.