High Quality Six (6)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kingsley (brand); various manufacturers
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 1900 kHz; 3 AF stage(s); something special ? Please give information (notes)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: High Quality Six - Kingsley brand; various
6 Valve, AC powered superhet with a wide band IF centred on 1900kHz and a direct coupled audio output stage.
This was an experimental kit set for home construction designed by A.G. Hull.
It was supplied with a Kingsley KFJB "Ferrotune" permeability tuning unit and IF transformers set up in the factory to match the 1900kHz IF.
The audio stage was based on the” Loftin White” principal.
The audio stage uses direct DC coupling. The 6J7G with the plate, screen and suppressor tied together to form a triode is the first audio stage. The plate is tied direct to the grid of output triode 6A3. See the schematic. Actual voltage on the plate and grid is about 100V. In order to arrange correct bias for the output valve the filament circuit is set at 130V. This is achieved by using a power transformer with a separate filament winding for the output stage and a 4k resistor to earth. The bias voltage is then developed between the grid and filament. With respect to earth the grid is 30V negative.
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (Australasian Radio World Aug 15, 1947 Page 9.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original prospect or advert (Australasian Radio World Aug 15, 1947 Page 11.)
|Australasian Radio World Aug 15, 1947 Page 9 & 11.||426 KB|
- Documents regarding this model
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 94 models, 28 with images and 11 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kingsley (brand); various manufacturers