- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kingsley (brand); various manufacturers
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 67.5 & 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3 inch = 7.6 cm
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Walkie-Talkie - Kingsley brand; various
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
This was a kit set for home construction. It was a "foundation kit" consisting of chassis, case, knobs, tuning unit, I.F. transformers, Kingsley speaker etc, but minus the valves and minor components. It used a Kingsley KFJB "Ferrotune" permeability tuning unit.
The shoulder carrying strap contains a loop aerial.
There was an introductory article in Australiasian Radio World, Dec, 1947 P18 and constructional details in Feb, 1948 P9-12
- Mentioned in
- Australasian Radio World, Feb, 1948 P8.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Australasian Radio World, Dec, 1947 P18.
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Australasian Radio World, Feb, 1948 P9.
|Australasian Wireless Weekly, Dec 15, 1947, Pages 18-20.||500 KB|
|Pages from Australasian Radio World Feb 15,1948, Pages 8-12.||5358 KB|
- Documents regarding this model
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 94 models, 28 with images and 11 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kingsley (brand); various manufacturers