Knight Space Spanner
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Allied Radio Corp. (Knight, Roamer, Wextark); Chicago (IL)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- TRF with regeneration
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 110-120 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Knight Space Spanner - Allied Radio Corp. Knight,
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 11 x 7.75 x 6 inch / 279 x 197 x 152 mm
The Knight Space Spanner is a 2-band shortwave receiver in kit form. The initial offer only included the chassis with an option for the cabinet for an additional $2.90. Later years (1959 - 1964) only offered the combined package of chassis and cabinet.
The dimensions and weights are for the combined chassis and cabinet.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4 lb 6 oz (4.375 lb) / 1.986 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 14.00 $
- Mentioned in
- Boat Anchor Manual Archive
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Allied Radio Catalog Nº 150, 1956
- Model page created by Vitor Oliveira. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 986 models, 586 with images and 652 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Allied Radio Corp. (Knight, Roamer, Wextark); Chicago (IL)