- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet, IF regeneration; ZF/IF 130 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 205; 225; 245 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: KB 402 - Kolster Brandes Ltd. KB, K.B.,
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 315 x 480 x 227 mm / 12.4 x 18.9 x 8.9 inch
Model KB 402A is for use on low voltages between 100 and 130 volts AC
It is confirmed that the component values and layout are identical to the KB 444 except the speaker is not wired via a plug and socket.
It was also found that the radio performs best with an IF frequency of 120kHz, The KB 444 service manual states 130KHz.
The Manufacturers above chassis layout drawing for the KB 444 shows the oscillator and aerial trimmers transposed.
- Price in first year of sale
- 130.00 Hfl
- Source of data
- Technisch- Commercieel - Radio Vademecum Staleman
- Model page created by John Koster. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 415 models, 372 with images and 253 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB