- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 464 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-250 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Power out
- 3 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: KB 630 - Kolster Brandes Ltd. KB, K.B.,
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 16.75 x 20 x 12.5 inch / 425 x 508 x 318 mm
"Possessing remarkable range and selectivity, the KB 630 Superhet Receiver will satisfy equally the listener who insists on the finest broadcast entertainment and the long-distance enthusiast whose ambition is to receive the world 's most remote short-wave stations."
Wave-ranges: 16.5-52, 195-56S, 970-2,300 metres.
9 tuned circuits. Two I.F. stages. Three-colour “Alphadex” tuning scale with diffused edge-lighting. Two-speed tuning. Tone control and mains switch combined. Sockets for gramophone pick-up. “Radio gramophone" change-over switch. Volume control effective for radio and gramophone reproduction.
Provision for external speaker. 8 in. high fldelity M.C. speaker. Output 3 watts.
200-250 volts A.C., 40-60 cycles.
Handsome walnut cabinet with figured centre panel and light toned escutcheon and controls. Dimensions : 20 in. high, 16.75 in. wide, 12.5 in. deep. May be used with K B All-Wave “Rejectostat” aerial.
PRICE: 12½ GUINEAS
- Price in first year of sale
- 13.13 GBP
- Source of data
- Technisch- Commercieel - Radio Vademecum Staleman
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (226)
- Model page created by John Koster. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 415 models, 372 with images and 253 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB