- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 464 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-260 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: KB 650 - Kolster Brandes Ltd. KB, K.B.,
- Tablemodel, slant panel.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 413 x 358 x 320 mm / 16.3 x 14.1 x 12.6 inch
The radio features an "Alphadex" tuning dial, this is designed so it has an alphabetical lookup for each of the radio stations.
"Up-to-the-minute in technical design, the K B 650 incorporates several exclusive KB features. It will give excellent reception from stations in all parts of the world with reproduction of wonderfully realistic quality on all wave-bands. An outstanding example of KB value."
Wave-ranges : I6.5-50, l95-550. 970-2300 metres.
6 tuned circuits. “Whistle" eliminating input circuit. Illuminated three colour “Alphadex" tuning scale designed so it has an alphabetical lookup for each of the radio stations. Two-speed tuning. Sockets for gramophone pick-up. Volume control effective for radio and gramophone
reproduction. Provision for external speaker. 8 in. high-fidelity moving coil speaker.
Output 3 watts.
200-250 volts A.C., 40-60 cycles.
Walnut cabinet of distinctive modern design with figured centre panel and attractive controls. Dimensions: 14⅜ in. high, 16¼ in. wide, 12¾ in. deep.
May be used with KB All-Wave “Rejectostat” aerial.
PRICE: 11 GUINEAS
See also KB 652
- Price in first year of sale
- 142.00 Hfl
- Source of data
- Technisch- Commercieel - Radio Vademecum Staleman
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (288)
- Model page created by John Koster. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 415 models, 372 with images and 253 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB