- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 470 kHz
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Power out
- 0.5 W (unknown quality)
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Calypso WP31 - Kolster Brandes Ltd. KB, K.B.,
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 10 x 7.5 x 3.5 inch / 254 x 191 x 89 mm
Transistors: 2x AF117(2G417), OC70(2G317), 2G309, OC75(2G374), OC81D(2G374B), OC81(2G381), AC127(2G339).
Transistor Y159 is only used for its diode function.
Fitted with baby alarm/telephone socket
Microphone and 50 feet of cable, £1.5
Telephone adaptor, £1.05
Same chassis and circuit as KB Lyric WP21
Dates and prices from Radio! Radio! 3rd Edition 1996
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.5 kg / 3 lb 4.9 oz (3.304 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 5.75 GBP
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by Anthony Alston. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 415 models, 372 with images and 253 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kolster Brandes Ltd. (KB, K.B., ITT); Foots Cray; GB