Nagra SMPTE-EBU Time Code Generator / Reader
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Kudelski SA; Cheseaux-sur-Lausanne
- 1985 ?
- Miscellaneous (Other, Various) - see notes
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Nagra
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit. / 6 - 9 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Nagra SMPTE-EBU Time Code Generator / Reader - Kudelski SA; Cheseaux-sur-
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 130 x 85 x 25 mm / 5.1 x 3.3 x 1 inch
Nagra Time Code Reader / Generator
Time code generators were developed for film and audio and video production. They allow to synchronize different recording and editing systems. This facilitates to join different pieces of audio, video, or music technology equipment (eg. tape recorder and sequencer) to work together. For example in a Nagra IV S-TC, a stereo tape recorder, the time code information modulates an audio carrier Bi-phase modulation). This signal is recorded in a special track and will be used in reproduction to synchronize different equipment.
SMPTE Time code uses BCD representation for hours minutes , seconds and frame number in a 80 bit code; this results in 2400 bps (American video standard) and 2000 bps (European video standard)
First 26 bit of the 80bit represent the BCD time coded information; 32 bits (8 groups of 4 bit) are used for user information; last 16 bits are used for Word synchronization.
Nagra Pocket Time Code Reader / Generator:
• Generates and Reads Time Code in standard SMPTE / EBU
• Generates frame rates of 30 frames/s (American) and 25 frames/s (European)
· IN/out digital signals 0 5V (CMOS)
· Output Sync: Frame and Clock available
· Power : internal batteries or external supply
· External DC power supply: 5-9 V, 70 mA maximum
· LCD display shows time in hours, minutes, seconds and frame number
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.3 kg / 0 lb 10.6 oz (0.661 lb)
- Model page created by Moisés Piedade. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 48 models, 45 with images and 19 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Kudelski SA; Cheseaux-sur-Lausanne