B-37 High-Fidelity All wave
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Wholesale Radio
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 8 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Short Wave(s) and Police.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 105 - 120 also available for 220 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 10 inch = 25.4 cm
- Power out
- 5 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: B-37 High-Fidelity All wave - Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 24 x 39 x 12 inch / 610 x 991 x 305 mm
- The Rider's Lafayette page 10-5 shows a schematic for models B-35 and B-36 - we believe this is the same chassis because all technical data are the same - and for B-37 console and B-42 console combination. The models have a class "A" push-pull output of 5 undistorted watts. The 10 tube "Hi-Fidelity All wave" model has a sensivity from 0.7 microvolt (per 4 meters) at the broadcast band, 2 on SW. Selectivity is 22 or 25 broad at 1000 times down. The tuning range is from 18.300 to 535 kc as follows: 5,750 - 18,300 kc (52.5 - 16.4 m), 1,715 - 5,800 kc (175 - 51.8 m) and from 535 - 1,730 kc (560 - 173 m). Each range has its own calibrated scale in a distinctive color on the large illuminated airplane dial with a micrometer as "second hand". Ratio 16 to 1 in relation to regular pointer with a ratio 30 to 1. Separate color light, operating together with the range selector switch. IF bandwith control including a sensitivity control working in conjunction with the volume control and a full range tone control. Fidelity within 6 dB from 40 to 5,500 cycles. AVC with a diode type automatic volume control.
The B-37 is a console model for $ 113.90 and Lafayette price is $ 56.95. It can be for 220 volt 40 to 60 cycles for addidtional $ 3.00. See details for the models of this catalog or summaries.
- Price in first year of sale
- 57.00 $
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 10 = 1939 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Lafayette Radio Catalog (Lafayette catalog no. 59 for 1936, page 16.)
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1341 models, 1157 with images and 407 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)