L-4 De Luxe
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Wholesale Radio
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 175 kHz; 3 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 8 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 25 - 40 cycles (?) 220 - 240 Volt
- 2 Loudspeakers
- Power out
- 10 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: L-4 De Luxe - Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 26 x 42 x 15 inch / 660 x 1067 x 381 mm
- The chassis L-1 for 105-120 volts and L-2 for 220-240 volts 40 cycles or 110 volts 25 cycles share the same schematic - and also L-3 Regent and L-4 Regent are listed on that Rider's schematic 5-9. But the same schematic/chassis is also used for the models L-5 Viceroy, L-6 Viceroy and - displayed on page 137 of the catalog - the models with Capehart record changer as L-7 and L-8 and with Capehart two-speed phonograph L-9, L-10. The higher number in a name pair is the higher voltage. The given voltages for L-2 in the catalog page 12 are not repeated for other models but 220-240 volts. Both can be true.
It is a chassis for two electro dynamic loudspeakers and there is the note "Dual Twin Voice dynamic speakers". One speaker is pitched for high notes and the second for low notes, which arrangement results in an overall fidelity of practically 100% within the extremes of 70 to 4500 cycles. The models have a tube 57 as noise suppression for silent tuning and semi class "B" push-pull output with two tubes 46. The models feature Automatic interference suppression, manual interference control, automatic volume control, triple dial tuning, improved twin voice dynamic speakers, tone control and an illuminated tuning meter. Sensitivity is less than 1 microvolt per meter, selectivity for 10 kc separation. It delivers potentially 18 watts but this has been reduced to a max. of 10 watts. Current consumption is 110 watts. Rubber cushion mounted tuning condenser. Four chokes for the elimination of hum and distortion. Illuminated full vision tuning. But broadcast band (BC) only!
See picture details and see details and summaries for the models of this catalog no. 53 for 1933 (Season 1932/33).
- Price in first year of sale
- 83.00 $
- Mentioned in
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 5 = ca. 1934 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Lafayette Radio Catalog (Lafayette Catalog Nº 53 for 1933, page 12-15 and 137.)
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1330 models, 1146 with images and 404 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)