- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Wholesale Radio
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 175 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Record Player (not changer)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 105 - 120 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: M-53 - Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- The Rider's Perpetual volume 3 shows the Lafayette radios under "Wholesale" instead under Lafayette (as in volume 1 and partly in volume 13 - and as Morgan E. McMahon). The Rider's page 3-3 shows one schematic for M-31 and one for M-35, M-37 and M-53 but lists the latter as M-35, 37, 53 and therefore some editors did believe there are models 37 and 53 ... But it can be read besides the second schematic that M-37 and M-53 is correct.
For the M-31 the IF frequency is not given but the inductance of the IF coils is 6 M.H. The same applies for the other 3 models on that schematic sheet - they have a three-gang tuning condenser.
This model was also exportet in some quantity to Switzerland - we know because the schematic binder from Thali shows a schematic for M35, M37 and M53 - with the tubes 58, 56, 58, 58, 55, 47 and 80. The same is for Rider's 6-9, but the RF amplifier in the catalog is supposed to be a tube 57 and we presume that the Lafayette catalog shows an error.
The following models share the same chassis: M-35 (chassis only for 105-120 volts), M-36 (chassis for 220-240 volts 25-40 cycles), M-37 mantel (cathedral), M-38 mantel with 220-240 volt chassis, M-53 Phono-Radio combination, M-54 combination for 220-240 volts. They all have AVC, full vision dial, built-in antenna and tone control.
Listprice for M-35 $ 56.00, Lafayette price $ 24.95; M-36 $ 27.75 (list 60.00), M-37 (62.50) $ 27.95, M-38 (68.00) $ 30.75, M-53 (122.00) $ 54.75 and M-54 (125.00) $ 58.75. See details and summaries for the models of this catalog no. 53 for 1933 (Season 1932/33).
- Price in first year of sale
- 55.00 $
- External source of data
- E. Erb 3-907007-36-0
- Circuit diagram reference
- Die «Thali Schemasammlung» führt das Modell.
- Mentioned in
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 3 = 1933 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Lafayette Radio Catalog (Lafayette Catalog Nº 53 for 1933, page 6.)
- Other Models
Here you find 1330 models, 1146 with images and 404 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Lafayette Radio & TV Corp; New York (NY)