- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Leak, H.J.; London
- 1955 ?
- Audio Amplifier or -mixer
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit.
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Point One - Leak, H.J.; London
- Book-shelf unit.
A Mono Pre-Amplifier, to use with the Leak TL/10, TL/12 or TL/25 Power Amplifiers.
Circuit: A low distortion on two-stage feedback tone control pre-amplifier that draws its L.T. and H.T. supplies from the main amplifier.
Input Selector: A six-position switch for choice of inputs from:
Tuner: Response, level. Sensitivity 80 mV. r.m.s.
Records: Sensitivity 14 mV.
There are four separate characteristics available, these being:-
(a) Audio Engineering Society and RCA New Orthophonic.
(b) Columbia (U.S.A.) LP and Decca (London) FFRR LP.
(c) National Association of Radio & Television Broadcasters
and H.M.V. (Angel) LP.
(d) BRITISH 78.
Tape: Response, level. Sensitivity 80 mV. r.m.s.
Input resistance, 100kΩ .
Treble Control: Continuously variable from +9dB to-15dB at 10 kHz.
Bass Control: Continuously variable from +12dB to +13dB at 40 Hz.
Volume Control and Switch: The switch controls the amplifier.
"From Tape Replay Amp.": This input jack accepts signals from a tape replay amplifier.
"To Tape Record Amp.": This jack permits the user to record on to tape from radio or records when using a recorder embodying a low level recording amplifier.
The following components are mounted on the rear of the pre-amplifier:—
(1) Co-axial plugs and sockets for tuner and pick-up connections.
(2) Pre-set controls for adjustment of inputs from tuner and pick-ups.
(3) A terminal strip to which a load resistor may be fitted for
the correct matching of various types of pick-ups.
(4) An octal socket, marked "Tuner" from which H.T. and
L.T. supplies may be drawn for a tuner unit.
(5) An octal male socket for connecting to the power amplifier:
Dimensions: Front panel, 10¾ x 3½". Chassis, 9⅜ x 2¾' x 3¾" deep.
Finish: Front Panel in gold. Black lettering and knobs.
- Source of data
- -- Collector info (Sammler)
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (Brown Brothers Ltd 1955 Catalog No. 520 Page 125)
- Model page created by Gottfried Silberhorn. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 43 models, 43 with images and 21 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Leak, H.J.; London