- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Lissen Ltd.; London and Richmond, Surrey
- 1929 ??
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Main principle
- TRF (Tuned-Radio-Frequency but use of regeneration unknown)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries
- Magnetic loudspeaker (reed) generic.
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 5881 - Lissen Ltd.; London and
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 420 x 475 x 22 mm / 16.5 x 18.7 x 0.9 inch
Probably Screen Grid RF, Triode Detector and Triode or Pentode Audio direct filament 2V types using 120V tapped battery and 2V Lead Acid Accumulator. Mains unit possibly an "after market" addition or an option.
Loop frame aerial.
- Model page created by Michael Watterson. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 156 models, 120 with images and 54 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Lissen Ltd.; London and Richmond, Surrey