Parabolic Spark Transmitter
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co. Ltd.
- Detector-Radio (Crystal or diode, without tubes/transistors)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Special material, described in the notes.
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Parabolic Spark Transmitter - Marconi's Wireless Telegraph
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 620 x 820 x 395 mm / 24.4 x 32.3 x 15.6 inch
Marconi's Parabolic Transmitter, with Righi oscilliator in ebonite frame. With curved copper reflector, and wooden ends & supports. Used in conjuction with Marconi's Parabolic Receiver.
Marconi used this transmitter, essentially a Righi oscillator or spark-gap with a parabolic reflector for directing the radio waves it produced, in demonstrating his system to the Navy, Army and representatives of the Post Office on Salisbury Plain in 1896. The signal was sent over several miles to the receiver.
- Mentioned in
- -- Collector info (Sammler) (Museum of the History of Science: Marconi Collection: Inv Num 53586)
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 90 models, 88 with images and 16 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co. Ltd.