- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co. Ltd.
- 1925 ??
- Microphone or Pick-up element
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack / ? Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Reisz Microphone - Marconi's Wireless Telegraph
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 6 x 7 x 0 inch / 152 x 178 x 0 mm
The Marconi-Reisz microphone was developed c.1925/6. The original design originated in Germany but was manufactured in the UK by Marconi Wireless. The mic was built using an octagonal block of marble hollowed out on one side to form a cavity into which carbon granules were placed and held in place with a diaphragm initially made of rubber and later of mica. The mica diaphragms had an unpleasant peak at around 5 kHz and eventually rice paper was used.
- Model page created by Alan Larsen. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 90 models, 88 with images and 16 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Marconi's Wireless Telegraph Co. Ltd.