HF/VHF SWR Analyzer MFJ-249
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MFJ Enterprises; Starkville (MS)
- 1995 ??
- Amateur Equipment (Other, but not Key)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack / 12 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: HF/VHF SWR Analyzer MFJ-249 - MFJ Enterprises; Starkville MS
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 102 x 60 x 173 mm / 4 x 2.4 x 6.8 inch
MFJ-249 HF/VHF SWR Analyzer
The MFJ-249 combines four basic circuits: a wide range oscillator, a frequency counter, a 50 Ω RF bridge and a calibrated bridge unbalance indicator. This combination of circuits allows measurement of the SWR (referenced to 50 Ω) of any load connected to the ANTENNA connector. The FREQUENCY switch selects the following frequency ranges:
1.8 - 4 MHz, 4 - 10 MHz, 10 - 26.2 MHz, 26.2 - 62.5 MHz, 62.5 - 113 MHz, 113 - 170 MHz.
The MFJ-249 can be used to adjust or measure the following:
Antennas: SWR, resonant frequency, bandwitdth, efficiency
Antenna tuners: SWR, frequency
Amplifiers: Input and output networks
Coaxial transmission lines: SWR, velocity factor, losses, resonance
Balanced transmission lines: Impedance, velocity factor, resonence
Matching or tuning stubs: SWR, resonant frequency, bandwidth
Traps: Resonant frequency
Tuned circuits: Resonant frequency
Small capacitor: Value
RF chokes and inductors: Self resonance, series resonance, value
Transmitters and oscillators: Frequency
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.7 kg / 1 lb 8.7 oz (1.542 lb)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by Bernd P. Kieck. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 60 models, 58 with images and 38 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MFJ Enterprises; Starkville (MS)