Amplifier - Power Supply AM-598/U
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)
- 1954 ?
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power Supply (not only Batt.El.)
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries / 24 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 1 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Amplifier - Power Supply AM-598/U - MILITARY U.S. different makers
- Miscellaneous shapes - described under notes.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 330 x 310 x 260 mm / 13 x 12.2 x 10.2 inch
- AM-598/U is a vibrator-type regulated power supply and audio amplifier, that adapts radio sets PRC-8, -9, -10, and replaces the battery BA-279 in vehicular installations.
It supplies 5 regulated voltages DC: +63V, +130V, +1,35V, -1,35V and -5,7V.
One ballast-tube type R2 is used.
A LS-166/U loudspeaker or a handset HS-33PT can be used.
The weight is inclusive mounting MT-759/PRC.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 15.5 kg / 34 lb 2.3 oz (34.141 lb)
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- TM11-5055 edition 1954
- Model page created by Jan Terranea. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 374 models, 329 with images and 185 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from MILITARY U.S. (different makers for same model)
Forum contributions about this model: MILITARY U.S.: Amplifier - Power Supply AM-598/U
Threads: 1 | Posts: 1